Bonuses and Promotions
Odds vs. The Competition
Market Depth & Variety
Deposit & Cash Out
Most Michigan sports fans are aware of Sports Illustrated, as they are a long-standing sports information company. Primarily they are known for their magazine that athletes hope to grace the cover of one day. What some folks may not know is that Sports Illustrated now has its very own sportsbook (and also a casino).
While SI Sportsbook is relatively new to the sports betting market, it would not surprise anyone if it became a top brand within the next few years. The sportsbook offers a solid offering from its mobile app and desktop website, including bonuses and welcome offers.
Sports Illustrated Sportsbook Michigan Promo Code December 2022
The current Sports Illustrated promo code welcome offer in markets where it is available comes with high value for a little stake. Using the Sports Illustrated promo code SI200, new players can get up to $200 in free bet money ($25 across eight bets), when they bet just $20 and their first bet wins. The free bets will come in the form of betting credits.
Michigan bettors can look at the table below to see current offers in Virginia and Colorado. Terms & conditions apply.
|Sports Illustrated Sportsbook Michigan Bonus Code||SI200|
|Free Bet Offer in Michigan||Bet $20, Get $200 in Free Bets with Promo Code SI200|
|Free Bet Offer in Colorado||Bet $20, Get $200 in Free Bets with Promo Code SI200|
|Free Bet Offer in Virginia||Bet $20 Get $200 in Free Bets with Promo Code SI200|
|In What States Is Sports Illustrated Sportsbook Available?||CO, MI & VA|
|Promo Code Verified For||December 2022|
How To Register For A SI Sportsbook Account in Michigan
As with most sportsbooks, registering for a SI Sportsbook account is pretty simple. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Sports Illustrated sportsbook app or desktop site and click the words “sign up” at the top right side of the home page.
- Fill out registration information, including name, email address, and date of birth.
- The second part of registering will ask for you to set up a username and password, along with a security question and answers as well as a phone number.
- Lastly, provide your physical address and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- To verify your account, you must provide a valid identification form that matches your address.
- At this point, you can opt-in to the welcome bonus and start your time as a sports bettor.
The Sports Illustrated welcome bonus is pretty solid, but it is not as high of a dollar amount as some other books. What makes it high value is that you are not staking very much. While many other books will potentially give you a deposit match or a bet that if you lose, you get your money back, they require a significant stake to get the total value out of their promotion.
In Michigan, the current Sports Illustrated Sportsbook offer only requires you to bet $20 to get up to $200 (eight $25 bets) when your first bet wins. This is a great deal because while many sportsbooks offer a higher dollar amount, the value compared to your own input is one-to-one.
Here are some other promo offers that can be found in the SI sportsbook.
Pick a perfect 10 out of ten on the question challenge and get a share of $10,000 in free bets. If you are the only bettor that gets all ten, you would get all $10,000 in free bets to yourself.
Live Bet Insurance
Live Bet anywhere, anytime. Get up to 33% back on your losses. T&Cs apply.
The odds at Sports Illustrated Sportsbook are competitive in the market. They are not the best odds you will find but certainly not the worst. Many lines are relatively standard and are the normal -110 that Michigan bettors can find at most sportsbooks. As Sports Illustrated breaks into more states, it stands to reason that it will start to have a little higher value lines and odds. Yet, with several other major sportsbooks in Michigan that are offering boosted lines and odds, Sports Illustrated has some catching up to do in this area.
The market depth and variety at Sports Illustrated are strong, especially in the American marketplace. Michigan sports bettors can find everything they are looking to bet on at Sports Illustrated. One thing to note is that its market will differ slightly from state to state. Where Sports Illustrated could improve is the speed at which their app and desktop site can jump from market to market. Reports have shown that changing what you are betting on can take a little longer than expected.
This is an area where Sports Illustrated could use some improvement. As Sports Illustrated grows its sportsbook, it’s likely to expand its options for deposits and withdrawals.
Michigan bettors can use the following methods to make deposits at Sports Illustrated:
- Online banking
Typically, deposits will appear in your Sports Illustrated account instantly upon deposit confirmation. For ACH/eCheck, it does take 2-3 days for it to reflect in your bank account.
- Withdrawals typically take about two days before arriving in your bank account.
- Withdrawals are instant, and your Play+Card can be used as a debit card or even to withdraw money at an ATM. Play+Cards are accepted anywhere where Discover can be used. Getting your card initially will take about three weeks.
- Online Banking
- Your withdrawal will take one day to make it into your bank account.
With options for withdrawal minimal, hopes are that Sports Illustrated will expand its number of withdrawal options in the future.
The Sports Illustrated mobile app is one of the sportsbook’s biggest strengths. It is available on Android and Apple devices and has an average of 4.7 out of 5-star reviews. The app is fast and reliable, and there are very few reports of it crashing. Users can expect to be able to sufficiently live bet on the app and quickly navigate to anything they are looking for.
Another strong feature of the app is very visible on the main page. Michigan bettors can select the promotions button to easily find all available promotions they can take advantage of. There is a recommendations page where Michigan bettors can find suggestions based on their betting history. Overall the app is strong and continues to get better.
Sports Illustrated would get a 5 out of 5 for a sportsbook still in its infancy. Yet, when comparing it to other sportsbooks in Michigan, it is not the best. However, there are some reasons that are understandable why some still choose it over others.
The trust factor is strong due to their long-time brand in sports media. They are solid when it comes to promotions for new and existing customers, especially when it comes to what a Michigan bettor is required to stake to get the bonus. Lastly, the sportsbook is growing and getting better continually. It would not be a surprise to see them ranked as one of the top dogs in the years to come.
Is SI Sportsbook Legit?
Yes, Sports Illustrated Michigan sportsbook is legit. Here are several reasons Michigan bettors should feel comfortable using the Michigan Sports Illustrated sportsbook:
- Sports Illustrated Sportsbook has previously been licensed in other states. The Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission and the Virginia Lottery have given licenses to Sports Illustrated.
- Sports Illustrated as a company has a long-standing trusted brand in the sports realm.
- Sports Illustrated Sportsbook used a top of the line SSL encryption software. This ensures that your funds stay safe in your account while also protecting your personal and financial information.
- The Sports Illustrated Sportsbook parent company 888 Holdings has been running online gambling sites since 1997 and has a perfect security record.
- Customers and bettors already using Sports Illustrated Sportsbook have had good things to say and have been happy with the product.
Why Choose Sports Illustrated Sportsbook Over Illegal Betting Sites
Take a look at the reason above as to why Sports Illustrated Sportsbook should be trusted by Michigan bettors. Conversely, there are a number of reasons why bettors should be wary of illegal sports betting sites.
- Personal information is not nearly as safe, and there have been many reports and scams at illegal betting sites over the years.
- Your funds are not secure, and illegal betting sites have long been targets of cyber attacks.
- Legal protections are less than zero. For one, they are illegal sites, so no one can help you as the term illegal means you should not be on the site in the first place. Suppose something does happen to your information or money. In that case, there is no government system backing you or ensuring the site is run correctly.
- Withdrawal minimums are typically very high, sometimes greater than $100, and operators take a very long time to get your bank account.
- Odds at illegal sites are never as good, and even when you win, it means you win less than you would if would have bet on a reputable legal book like Sports Illustrated.
- Illegal betting sites hide information in their terms and conditions that are easily missed. Things like 50x rollover for deposit bonuses.
Why Can You Trust Sports Illustrated Sportsbook With Your Money?
Sports Illustrated Michigan sportsbook may need some improvement and more options when it comes to deposits and withdrawals. That does not mean, though, that your money is not safe. It is very safe, and there have yet to be any reports of scams or stolen money at Sports Illustrated.
Michigan bettors can be encouraged that the use of SSL encryption software more than keeps all financial and personal information safe. The Sports Illustrated Sportsbook parent company, 888 Holdings, has a 25-year record of being spotless when it comes to safety and security on any and all of their betting sites.
Sports Illustrated Sportsbook Fact Sheet
|How old do you have to be to wager at Sports Illustrated Sportsbook?||At least 21 years old|
|What states is Sports Illustrated Sportsbook available in?||CO, MI & VA|
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI/VA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL/TN/MI/VA only.
Sports Illustrated Sportsbook Michigan FAQ
Michigan bettors must be at least 21 years of age or older to bet at Sports Illustrated Sportsbook or on other top apps in Michigan.
Yes, but only in other states where it has received a license and has launched. Aside from Michigan, the only other states where Sports Illustrated Sportsbook currently operates are Colorado and Virginia.
The Play+Card is an exclusive card to the Sports Illustrated Sportsbook, and deposits and withdrawals using the card are instant.
Yes, bettors can find all the offers for new and current users on the Sports Illustrated promotions tab.
Yes, users can click on the “Live Now tab” at the Sports Illustrated desktop site or mobile app to see all live betting options.
Yes, it is a trustworthy brand that is partnered with 888 Holdings. It uses SSL encryption on its app and website to ensure safety and security.