FoxBet is one of the newer sportsbooks on the market and was developed through a partnership between Fox Sports and the Stars Group to offer wagering on sports games and matches for those in the U.S. One of the things that makes this service stand out is that it is the first co-founded betting platform introduced by a popular U.S. sports broadcaster. Through the partnership, Fox Corporation received a nearly 5% stake in the company for just under $240 million.
This new sportsbook offers a wide variety of sports like football, basketball, football, and hockey and includes a wide range of options with betting options. While it may not be as well known as sportsbooks like DraftKings or FanDuel at this point, it’s clear that the brand is looking to push into the industry and offer something different for those who are already loyal to Fox Sports.
When Will FoxBet Launch In Michigan?
There is no specific launch date that has been released to the public, so it’s hard to give a definitive answer of when Fox Bet will launch in Michigan. Right now, retail sportsbooks have been opened at various locations and are doing well, but the rules and regulations behind online sportsbooks are still in the works.
The latest information suggests that online sports wagering will begin sometime in early 2021, which is also when regulations are expected to be completed. However, this may change in the coming months if things change. It may be best to wait for an official launch date before assuming the date Fox Bet will be available in Michigan.
See our comprehensive Guide To Online Sports Betting In Michigan.
Fox Bet Promo Code Details For Michigan
Fox Bet hasn’t provided information about what promotions will be available to new users located in Michigan. Still, we can look at promos from other states to get an idea of the possibilities. For instance, in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania, a new user can receive up to $1,000 in bonuses when registering with the service.
Essentially, Fox Bet offers both a deposit bonus and a risk-free bet for new customers. That means that up to a certain limit, you’ll receive a bonus for every dollar you use on your first deposit. You’ll also have one risk-free bet, so if you lose on the first wager you make, the money is credited back to you as site credits so you can try again without spending more money.
This is fairly similar to the promos that DraftKings offers to new customers, which has larger bonuses than FanDuel, both of which are major players in the sports wagering world. FanDuel only offers a $500 risk-free bet, so the better option between the two is Fox Bet in terms of making the most of a new account.
Who Is FoxBet Partnered With In Michigan?
Fox Bet can offer an online sportsbook through its partnership with Odawa Casino, which is located in Petoskey, Michigan. Of course, this is contingent on officials deciding on the rules and regulations that will be put in place for online sports betting for the state. As with other sportsbooks in the state, it is not yet operational but will likely become that way in the early months of 2021.
As we mentioned earlier, this is a newer sportsbook, and, as such, it’s only available in a limited number of states. In fact, Michigan will be the third state that brings it into the fold when it comes to sports wagering. Despite being new, having the Fox name behind the brand has already led to much interest from those who are huge fans of sports.
Being partnered with a casino is a requirement to offer a sports wagering website and app in Michigan, which Fox Bet has already done. This isn’t the case in every state because the regulations are state-based instead of being decided on a federal level. Fox Bet will be competing against some fierce competition with online sportsbooks like FanDuel and DraftKings.
Where Else Does FoxBet Operate?
There are currently only two states that Fox Bet is operating in at this time, including New Jersey and Pennsylvania. However, the brand will likely become available in many other states as online sports betting is legalized in various locations.
- New Jersey – Fox Bet is one of the newer sportsbooks in New Jersey and became available through a partnership with Resorts Atlantic City. Due to its affiliation with Fox Sports and the great promotions offered by the service, it’s already become quite popular. It’s a very simple site that can be used by beginners, which is another reason it is gaining users.
- Pennsylvania – In Pennsylvania, Fox Bet is also a newer option and was the fifth online sportsbook to open in the state. While the sports betting service is new, it’s already being used by many Pennsylvania sports enthusiasts. It’s available through a website and a simple app so nearly anyone can use it with ease.
How To Sign Up At FoxBet
The process of signing up for an account on Fox Bet is straightforward and easy to do. There are two different options since you can register on a browser or through an app, but both of them are similar in terms of sign-up steps.
- The first step is going to the Fox Bet website or opening the mobile application.
- Next, tap on Join Now to start opening an account, where you will fill out your personal information, as well as a username and password.
- After you’ve registered, you can select any promos available before setting up your payment details for withdrawals and deposits.
After following these three easy steps, you can find a sport that you want to wager on and put through a bet.
Major Features Of FoxBet
There’s plenty to like about Fox Bet, even if it is a newer option than big names like DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’re considering using the service in Michigan, there are a few things that set this system apart from the other options.
- Since this service is affiliated with Fox Sports, you can enjoy daily betting content on the website to help you with your wagers. There are also frequent promotions you can take advantage of, and you will enjoy personal betting insights that take your style and preferences into account.
- Fox Bet has daily bet boosts and custom boosts so you can enjoy more significant potential winnings with your favorite bet. There are also super boosts, which are the largest boosts offered every week.
- Unlike other sportsbooks online, Fox Bet offers an enormous amount of prop bets for those who prefer that kind of wagering. There are many prop bets related to the stats of specific players, as well as odds boosts associated with personalities.
What Sports Can You Bet on at FoxBet?
Fox Bet lets you wager on a huge number of sports, including those popular in the United States, as well as on an international level.
- Football – Whether you enjoy collegiate or professional football, Fox Bet lets you wager on those games. You can choose your favorite betting style from choosing the winner to selecting from several game-related prop bets. Bettors in Michigan can wager on the Detroit Lions and the Michigan Wolverines.
- Basketball – Betting on major and minor league basketball is possible through Fox Bet. Live betting is available on some of the dozens of wagers that are possible with this sport. This includes the Detroit Pistons.
- Baseball – You can bet on Major League Baseball through the season with traditional or prop bets. Some of the prop bets you might see are how many home runs will be hit in a game, how many strikeouts a pitcher will tally, and whether a game will reach extra innings. FoxBet offers bets on the Detroit Tigers.
- Golf – Fox Bet features wagering for the PGA and lets you bet on who will win, who will reach the top five or 10, or whether a player will get a better score than another one will.
- Hockey – Betting on the NHL (including the Red Wings) happens from the preseason and through the postseason with many different wagering options. You can bet on everything from the side to win each period to how many goals will be scored, or which side will win against a puck line.
- Soccer – The EPL, MLS, and UCL are all offered for wagering on Fox Bet with dozens of betting options. You’ll also find a variety of prop bets, such as what the final score will be or who will score the first goal.
- Tennis – All sorts of tennis bets are possible using Fox Bet, including Challenger-level events and even Grand Slams. You can wager on the moneyline, over or under of games played in a match, and more.
- UFC – MMA fighting events are available on Fox Bet in all weight classes for both men and women. Betting trends and statistics are provided so you can make the best possible wagers.
- Boxing – Wagering on boxing can be done year-round with options for professional bouts as well as amateur events like the World Series of Boxing. Many wagers are available, including moneyline, method of victory, and more.
- Auto Racing – Right now, Fox Bet offers Nascar race wagering for those who are fans of watching cars fly around the track. You can bet odds, winners, matchups, or props.
See our full guide to Sports Betting In Michigan – What Can You Bet On.
Does FoxBet Offer A Mobile App?
Fox Bet does offer a mobile app; in fact, it offers sportsbook apps for those who use both Android and iOS systems so you can wager on the go from your smartphone or tablet. In addition to making bets, you can also manage your account information without having to go onto a website.
Some of the other capabilities of the Fox Bet app include the ability to make withdrawals and deposits, the potential to claim bonuses and promos, and the option to live stream sports and make live bets from any location in Michigan.
Sample Promotions At FoxBet
We already mentioned some of the promotions that new users can enjoy when using Fox Bet as their sportsbook. However, some promos come up throughout the week to offer additional excitement when making wagers. One example is Rachel’s Double Up Bet Boost from Rachel Bonnetta, which doubles the odds on a bet to increase your payout if you win.
Another promo offered is called the Wright Bet Boost that is valid on Wednesday. Nick Wright offers insights and knowledge to come up with a parlay of the day, and you will receive additional cash if you win the wager.
FoxBet Sportsbook Michigan FAQ
Does FoxBet provide any free bets or deposit bonuses?
Yes! FoxBet is one of the online sportsbooks that offers both deposit bonuses and free bets. When you sign up to use the website or app, you can enjoy up to $1,000 in these two promotions so you can get to know the service before putting more money into it at the beginning.
Do you have to be in Michigan when you place a sports wager at FoxBet?
Yes. Like most states that offer online sports betting, you do need to be in Michigan to do so legally. Since online sportsbooks operate based on state laws, you have to be in the state to make a bet. However, you can also bet in some states that also have legalized online sports betting, depending on their rules.
Can I sign up at FoxBet from any location in Michigan?
Yes. Unless things change, it will be possible to sign up for FoxBet from any location in Michigan. You will likely not be required to sign up in person at a retail casino. However, until all the rules and regulations are unveiled, this is subject to change and may or may not be the reality when online sports betting becomes available.
Can you do in-play betting at FoxBet in Michigan?
Yes! Many of the sports offered by FoxBet for wagering let you make bets while the match or game is going on. This is going to vary based on the specific game and what kind of wager you want to make, but there are often some options to make the watching process even more exciting.
Is FoxBet legitimate?
Yes. FoxBet is associated with Fox Sports, which is one of the most well-known and respected sports broadcasters in the United States. As such, this sportsbook is highly legitimate, even if it is younger than some other services on the market. It’s a legal and safe option for making wagers on games.
How do you get paid if you win at FoxBet MI?
There are several options. You can choose to have the money sent by an eCheck, apply the withdrawal to a prepaid card, or use Skrill for the withdrawal. If you’re at a retail establishment offering sports betting, you can also cash out in dollar bills at the cage.