Bonuses and Promotions
Odds VS. The Competition
Market Depth & Variety
Deposit & Cash Out
The FanDuel Sportsbook in Michigan lives up to the brand’s name recognition with a high-quality, top-rated app and a large selection of sports.
The promotions aren’t the best and the odds are hit and miss, but with a well-designed app interface and solid features, FanDuel is still a worthy place for bettors in Michigan to wager.
You can do so with ease, thanks to the app’s accessibility via both Android and iOS.
FanDuel Michigan Promo Code May 2023
FanDuel Michigan Sportsbook promo code: Click to Claim
FanDuel is offering a no sweat first bet up to $1,000 on your first deposit. You do not need a FanDuel promo code, just use any of our links to unlock the bonus.
Terms and conditions apply.
|FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan||Click to Claim|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $1,000 no sweat first bet|
|FanDuel Sportsbook States||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY|
|FanDuel Sportsbook's Land-Based Partner||MotorCity Casino Hotel|
|Bonus Offer Verified For||May 2023|
New players to FanDuel Sportsbook in Michigan can take advantage of a no sweat first bet up to $1,000. This offer can be used in-app on any live sports market after you make your first deposit.
Still, FanDuel loses points by not offering a deposit bonus. Its biggest rival, DraftKings offers a 20% deposit bonus up to $1,000. Although there are fewer restrictions on the FanDuel no sweat first bet bonus offer than DraftKings when you dig into the terms and conditions.
But FanDuel has some exciting ongoing promotions. While they vary drastically week-to-week and even day to day, you’ll often find odds boosters, free-to-play contests, and more.
There are always some interesting promotions going on at FanDuel, and they change depending on what sports are in season.
Here is how FanDuel’s bonus compares to other Michigan sportsbook bonuses:
- DraftKings: Deposit match bonus of 20% up to $1,000
- BetMGM: Up to $1,000 paid back in bonus bets
- BetRivers: 2nd Chance First Bet Up to $500
FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan promotions for May 2023 include the following deals:
- Every Weekend No Sweat SGP: Place a 3+ Leg Same Game Parlay or SGP+ on any NBA Playoff Game and if your bet loses, get a refund in bonus bets.
- PGA Championship Profit Boost: All customers get a 50% Profit Boost Token to use on the 2023 PGA Championship Golf Tournament.
- Preakness No Sweat Bet: Bet the Preakness Stakes with FanDuel, and get up to $20 back if your bet doesn’t win.
- NBA Same Game Parlay: Bet the featured NBA Playoffs Same Game Parlay to win big!
- Action Network SGP: Bet with Action Network on the featured matchup to win!
- New for the NBA Playoffs: Now you can build a live SGP and follow your prop bets right in the My Bets tab. Plus, there are added bets on the first player to score 10 points, quarter player points & much more!
- Dinger Tuesdays: Place a Pre-Live, Straight, $25+ “To Hit a Home Run” Wager on any 4/4 MLB Game and get a $5 bonus in bonus bets for each HR hit by both teams in the game (max $25)
- Race Of The Day: Experience the thrill of racing with Win Bet Insurance on the Race Of The Day. Check out the Race Of The Day and opt-in at FanDuel Racing. Bet on a single horse to win in the Race Of The Day and get a racing bonus back up to $5 if your first win bet finishes 2nd or 3rd.
- FanDuel TV Now Live: The “Bettor” Sports Network is now available to watch online.
- Give $75, Get $75 Refer-A-Friend: Refer a friend to get you both $50 to FanDuel Sportsbook and $25 to FanDuel Casino for $75 in bonus bets and casino credit. Here’s more on referral bonus codes.
When new users join, they can take advantage of a $1,000 no sweat first bet as a welcome bonus. No promo code required – Click to Claim at FanDuel Sportsbook today.
- Reward Machine: Play free for a chance to win up to $2000 in Casino Bonus – EVERY DAY!
- Daily Jackpots: NEW Daily Jackpots guarantee to crown a winner every single day by 11pm Eastern Time. Take a shot at today’s jackpot! T&Cs apply.
New players can use the FanDuel Casino Michigan promo code link to receive a play-it-again day up to $2,000. Terms and conditions apply.
FanDuel is among the best sportsbooks in Michigan. It often displays competitive odds, making it a must-see stop when you’re shopping around for the best lines.
No single sportsbook can offer the best odds on every bet. Instead, sportsbooks will compete to give you the best lines. FanDuel is among them, and should often be your go-to when you’re looking to place a bet.
FanDuel Point Spreads And Totals Odds
Differences as small as a half point can make a massive difference in choosing which sportsbook deserves your bet. In totals betting, the over favors lower lines (9 is better than 9.5 for a baseball game, for example). Point spreads differ depending on the team you’re betting on. A spread of +7 is better than +6.5 if you’re betting the underdog. Meanwhile, a spread of -7 beats out a spread of -8 on the favorite.
Here’s a look at one game’s worth of odds at FanDuel compared to a major competitor: BetRivers.
|Odds Comparison||FanDuel Point Spread||BetRivers Point Spread||FanDuel Totals||BetRivers Totals|
|Boston Celtics||+2 (-110)||+2 (-110)||Over 204 (-110)||Over 204 (-109)|
|Miami Heat||-2 (-110)||-2 (-112)||Under 204 (-110)||Under 204 (-112)|
The Boston Celtics point spreads are identical. You could bet at either sportsbook and enjoy the same result. But the Miami Heat point spread makes FanDuel the clear choice. -110 is slightly better than -112 in terms of your potential payout, giving FanDuel the edge over BetRivers.
If you’re betting the over, go for BetRivers, because its -109 is better than FanDuel’s -110. Betting the under? FanDuel beats out BetRivers with a slightly better payout.
Generally, these odds showcase the benefit of shopping around. You can always find a slight edge if you look at different sportsbooks and spring for the bet that pays the most.
FanDuel Moneyline Odds
Let’s look to baseball for a moneyline comparison. The MLB is known for even matchups and close odds, where a small difference can have a huge impact on your payout.
|Los Angeles Dodgers||-240||-245|
In this scenario, you have two clear options. If you’re betting on the Diamondbacks, go with BetRivers. A $100 would pay $205 compared to FanDuel’s $198. If you’re betting the Dodgers, go for FanDuel. A $240 bet would pay $100 compared to BetRivers, which would require $245 in bets for the same win.
Yet again, small differences can really impact your outcome when betting.
|Golden State Warriors||+130||+120|
This table tells us quite a bit. First, look to the theoretical hold. This is the profit each sportsbook expects to make on the market at hand. BetRivers’ theoretical hold is significantly higher than FanDuel’s, which should mean FanDuel’s odds are generally better. In this case, that rings true. Differences in theoretical hold of 4% or more tend to show in the odds. Regardless of hold, though, you should always bet with the best odds.
And here? FanDuel has the best odds on every single team. It wouldn’t make sense to bet with BetRivers on any of these lines, because FanDuel’s are consistently better. This is yet another case study in how shopping for the best odds can have a great impact on your long-term betting profit.
FanDuel offers a large number of sports that can be wagered on, including those that are the most popular in the US, as well as lesser-known international sports. Some of the options available through the FanDuel website and app are the following:
- Auto Racing – One of the sports available through FanDuel is auto racing, including the most popular NASCAR races.
- Baseball – This service offers MLB sports wagering as well as betting on minor league sports and includes the World Series in their betting offerings. This also includes betting on the Detroit Tigers.
- Basketball – FanDuel Sportsbook lets you wager on NBA basketball games, as well as WNBA games and Euro Basketball matches. This includes betting on the Detroit Pistons.
- Boxing – When it comes to boxing, FanDuel Sportsbook has betting options on, IBF, WBA, WBO, WBC, and many other traditional boxing matches.
- Football – American football can be wagered on through the NFL (including the Lions), the CFL, and other special leagues, depending on your preferences.
- Golf – Some of the golf options available at FanDuel include the PGA Tour, the PGA European Tour, and the Ryder Cup.
- Hockey – If you’re a fan of hockey, you can wager on games in the NHL, AHL, and even the Stanley Cup using FanDuel Sportsbook. This includes placing wagers on the Detroit Red Wings.
- MMA – Various MMA matches are available on FanDuel’s online sportsbook, and you can easily wager on who you think will win and how they will win a match.
- Soccer – Several soccer leagues can be wagered on using FanDuel Sportsbook, such as MLS, the World Cup, the English Premier League, and the Leagues Cup.
- Tennis – When it comes to tennis, FanDuel has options with the ATP and WTA, including tennis majors like Wimbledon and the French Open.
For more on FanDuel sports betting in Michigan and what you can bet on, see our full guide to What Can You Bet On In Michigan.
Many different options are available at FanDuel Sportsbook for depositing and withdrawing your money. Deposits can be made by credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, eChecks, PayPal, bank transfers, and more. There are also a handful of choices for withdrawing your winnings.
Here’s a breakdown of each type of banking accepted by the FanDuel Sportsbook in Michigan:
- Credit and Debit Cards: For deposit only. Accepts major carriers like Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover.
- PayPal: Available for both deposits and withdrawals, this popular e-wallet is a great way to keep your betting finances separate from your regular bank accounts.
- Skrill: Virtually the same as PayPal in functionality. Skrill is a popular e-wallet for international sports bettors because of its low currency exchange rates.
- FanDuel Play+ Prepaid: You can upload money to the FanDuel Prepaid from your bank account or your sportsbook account and vice versa.
- Online Bank Transfer: You can use your login for most US banks to transfer funds directly to and from your FanDuel Sportsbook account. This is most popular as a withdrawal method, but you can use bank transfers for deposits as well.
- PayNearMe: 7Eleven and other retailers offer a cash payment option for participating sportsbooks, including FanDuel. You pay in cash at the PayNearMe retailer, receive a receipt with a confirmation barcode, then scan that barcode through the FanDuel Sportsbook app.
There is also a chance that you can deposit and withdraw in cash at the MotorCity Casino Hotel cage. Check with FanDuel or MotorCity to confirm if that’s a method that interests you.
FanDuel Sportsbook offers a mobile sportsbook app that makes it even easier to wager on games and matches on the go. The app is available on both Android and iOS devices, including phones and tablets.
Now that Google Play allows gambling apps, the FanDuel MI app for Android can be downloaded directly from the Google Play platform. Apple users can visit the App Store to get access to the application.
The FanDuel app has a current rating of 4.7 out of 5.0 from over 75,000 ratings.
FanDuel offers one of the best mobile sportsbook interfaces available due to its many years in the business and access to the top technology. It’s easy to use for someone who is new to sports betting, but you can also delve deeper and find many options for those who have been using the website or mobile apps for years.
The FanDuel Sportsbook app lets you legally bet on your favorite sports, whether those include baseball and golf or tennis and soccer. The sports betting apps are streamlined and simple to use, with most of the same features as the desktop version of the FanDuel Sportsbook.
FanDuel is one of the most popular online sportsbooks in Michigan because it offers everything an experienced sports bettor likes while still being approachable to newcomers.
The FanDuel Sportsbook’s biggest shortcoming is the intro promotion. With simply a no sweat first bet offer and no signup or deposit bonus, it falls short of the other Michigan options.
However, it compensates well with ongoing promotions that are on par with DraftKings and better than BetRivers and BetMGM. These include massive odds boosters and other enticing promotions that invite you to win more for less – or win for free.
FanDuel also has a great loyalty program that rewards you with comp points and other benefits as you bet. This should be a standard aspect of online sportsbooks, but it’s not, making it a standout feature at FanDuel in Michigan.
FanDuel also doesn’t have the best odds compared to its number one competitor, DraftKings. But FanDuel does have competitive enough odds that make the platform worth joining, even if you don’t bet there as often as a competing option.
Plus, FanDuel has an exceptional online casino partner, which offers a great change of pace from sports betting if that fits your betting style.
Is FanDuel Michigan Sportsbook Legit?
Yes, the FanDuel Sportsbook in Michigan is a legit sports betting platform that you can trust with your money and finances.
Partnered With MotorCity Casino
FanDuel’s partnership with MotorCity Casino in Detroit applies to both the retail sportsbook within the casino as well as the apps and website. MotorCity is an established force in Michigan gambling, and they’d only partner with a reputable brand like FanDuel.
Doing Well In Other States
With a significant market share in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and other states, FanDuel hopes to establish itself early and heavily in Michigan’s sports betting market as a premier betting choice. FanDuel launched its online sports betting app in Illinois in 2020. In late November 2020, they announced an investment in Fairmount Racecourse in Illinois to launch a retail sportsbook. This expansion is in line with their reputation in horse racing through its subsidiary TVG.
Regulated By Michigan Gaming Control Board
The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) is a strict and vigilant regulator with two goals: to protect bettors and collect tax revenue. With their oversight, you can rest easy.
If you compare the FanDuel Sportsbook app reviews to any other sports betting app, you’ll see how special a 4.7 out of 5.0 rating is. That’s twice that of most other Michigan sportsbooks. The only one that’s comparable is the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
Transparent Terms and Conditions
Few red flags are as big and bright as convoluted terms and conditions and stipulations that are hidden in the fine print. The FanDuel Sportsbook deliberately has the important information front and center of each promotion so you know exactly what you’re opting into.
Why Choose FanDuel Sportsbook In Michigan Over Your Local Bookie?
FanDuel has many successful retail and online locations in various states and has already introduced a brick-and-mortar location in Michigan at MotorCity Casino with many high-definition televisions, six betting windows, a VIP area, and self-service betting kiosks.
We don’t know what bookie you go with, but we doubt they offer an immersive sports betting atmosphere like the one at the FanDuel Sportsbook at MotorCity.
You also have the guarantee of the MGCB that odds are fair and winnings are paid out. If you bet with an illegal bookie instead, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be paid, and you’ll have no legal recourse if your winnings are withheld.
No bookie offers welcome bonuses, and we’d be surprised if any offered promotions or loyalty points.
Why Can Bettors Trust Their Money With FanDuel Michigan Sportsbook?
FanDuel is a daily fantasy sports and sports betting provider based in New York City. It was founded in 2009 and is currently the second-largest fantasy sports service in the U.S., falling only after DraftKings in terms of its user base and entry fees. The service has over six million members and is owned by Flutter Entertainment.
So you can trust FanDuel for the same reason you can trust any major online retailer.
Other ways that FanDuel protects your money include:
- State-of-the-art SSL encryption (the padlock icon to the left of its URL)
- Options two-step authentication to protect your account
- Strict identity verification to ensure it’s you who’s depositing/withdrawing
FanDuel also offers a unique bug bounty for white hat hackers. If anyone spots a vulnerability to the FanDuel Sportsbook, they’ll receive a substantial financial reward. And every time that happens, your information gets even safer.
FanDuel Sportsbook Fact Table
|How old do you have to be to wager at FanDuel Sportsbook?||21 or over|
|What states is FanDuel Sportsbook legal in?||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY
|Who is the retail partner of FanDuel in Michigan?||MotorCity Casino Hotel|
FanDuel Michigan Sportsbook FAQ
No, not yet. The Michigan Gaming Control Board has yet to explicitly approve esports betting for the state’s legal online sportsbooks. Some tribal casinos do have esports options on the betting menu at their retail sportsbooks, as those tribal properties don’t have to abide by the regulations of the MGCB.
All of Michigan’s online sportsbooks, however, do fall under MGCB’s jurisdiction, including those offered by both commercial and tribal casinos. Esports betting could be approved by the MGCB in the future, but for now, the only place to possibly find esports betting in Michigan is at a land-based tribal sportsbook.
21 or older. Michigan’s sports betting laws require players to be at least 21 to place a legal bet at a legal online sportsbook. This minimum age applies to mobile sportsbooks licensed to both commercial and tribal casinos.
Tribal casinos can allow for a lower minimum gambling age at their land-based properties, but tribally-owned online sportsbooks require bettors to be 21 or older.
Most people choose to use their credit card to make deposits. However, you can also use PayPal to make a deposit on the website, and PayPal deposits go through with almost a 100% success rate. The site and app also allow deposits through ACH/eChecks, prepaid cards, bank transfers, and other methods.
Yes. It is now legal to bet on sports online in Michigan. FanDuel Michigan was one of the first online sports betting apps and online casino apps to launch in Michigan.
Around 15, and that list grows regularly. Almost every popular United States sport is offered through FanDuel Sportsbook, including baseball, basketball, football, and hockey. Other sports you can bet on through the app are tennis, soccer, boxing, MMA, golf, and auto racing.
Yes. FanDuel partnered with MotorCity Casino in Detroit to offer online legal sports betting. This casino also offers a retail FanDuel Sportsbook for those who prefer to visit the casino itself.