Bonuses and Promotions
Odds VS. The Competition
Market Depth & Variety
Deposit & Cash Out
BetRivers Sportsbook in Michigan offers, arguably, the sports betting industry‘s best welcome bonus of a 2nd chance free bet up to $500 with only a 1x rollover requirement.
Their odds are also among the best in Michigan, regularly offering a better payout than anywhere else. That’s on top of weekly odds boosters on a range of sports, including the NBA and NFL.
However, the downsides include an unstable app and not offering PayPal or Skrill as banking methods.
BetRivers Michigan Bonus Code December 2022
BetRivers is currently offering a 2nd chance free bet bonus up to $500. You can use the BetRivers Michigan bonus code: SHARPRIV and use one of our links (like this one) to automatically claim the bonus. This is a quality bonus because there is only a 1x playthrough requirement.
Terms and conditions apply.
|BetRivers Sportsbook Michigan Bonus Code||SHARPRIV|
|Deposit Match Bonus||2nd chance free bet up to $500|
|In What States Does BetRivers Sportsbook operate?||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV|
|BetRivers Sportsbook's Land-Based Partner||Little River Casino Resort|
|Promo Code Verified For||December 2022|
For existing players, BetRivers has plenty of daily odds boosters. But they also have the lucrative iRush Rewards program that rewards you on a sliding scale for placing bets.
The BetRivers Michigan Sportsbook invites new players to take advantage of a 2nd chance free bet bonus of up to $500. When you make a bet for up to your total bonus amount and lose, you’ll get your money back to use for a second bet. Funds are useable for the second bet within 24 hours after your first bet settles.
Other Michigan sportsbooks bonus offers include:
BetRivers Michigan Sportsbook promotions for December 2022 includes the following weekly specials and more:
- $500,000 NFL SGP Contest: Bet NFL Same Game Parlays to enter into a contest with $500,000 in Free Bet prizes.
- World Cup Bet & Get: Make a pre-match wager of $25 or more on a World Cup match and get a $10 Free Bet on any live World Cup bet.
- NCAAB Parlay Bet & Get: Bet a 4+ Leg NCAAP Parlay and get a 20% profit boost.
- NBA Weekly Bet & Get: Place 3+ leg NBA Same Game Parlays each week for a Free Bet.
- NHL First Goal Insurance: Get your first goal bet back if the player you bet on scores at any point throughout the game.
- NBA First Field Goal Insurance: Get your bet back if the player you bet on scores 25+ points in the game.
- NFL First Touchdown Insurance: Get your first touchdown bet back if the player you bet on scores at any time.
- NHL SGP Bet & Get: Place a 3+ leg Same Game Parlay and get a 20% Profit Boost to use on NHL bets.
- NCAAF Profit Boost: Receive a 20% Profit Boost for any NCAAF 3+ leg parlay.
- NFL Parlay Insurance: If one leg of your 4+ leg NFL parlay loses, get your bet back.
- NFL $500K SGP Leaderboard: Take advantage of a season-long Same Game Parlay contest for your chance at $500,000 in Free Bet prizes.
- Daily Odds Boost Specials: Keep an eye out for daily offers on a wide variety of wagers.
- Casino Promotions: BetRivers Casino also offers a range of promotions, including slots happy hours, and free daily bingo.
New bettors can claim the BetRivers MI Sportsbook bonus code: SHARPRIV for a 2nd chance free bet up to $500 with only a 1x playthrough.
BetRivers is part of the family of sportsbooks that consistently offers competitive odds. Since odds are always changing, bettors always have to shop across sportsbooks for the best odds. That means strategic bettors have multiple sportsbook accounts to put money on the best odds no matter where they are. Here’s why BetRivers should be one of those sportsbook accounts.
Does BetRivers Have The Best Point Spread And Over/Under Odds?
There are two parts to evaluating point spread and over/under odds. First, there’s the spread itself. Then bettors can consider the odds. Spreads are similar across sportsbooks. If there’s any difference in the spread, it’s usually only a half-point. However, that half-point can make or break a bet when every point counts.
When bettors are looking at spreads, they need to know what the best ones are. For over and underdog bettors, the higher number is better. +5.5 is better than +5. The opposite is true for under and favorite bettors. On those bets, bettors would rather put money on -5.5 than -5. Once bettors figure out their best wagers, they can narrow down to the best odds. Here’s an example from the NHL:
|Pittsburgh Penguins Point Spread Odds||+1.5 -235||+1.5 -236|
|New York Rangers Point Spread Odds||-1.5 +190||-1.5 +190|
On this line, the spread is the same at BetRivers and PointsBet. So, bettors can now narrow down the odds. BetRivers has the best odds on the Penguins, so that’s where bettors who wanted to put money on the Penguins would place a bet. The difference is tiny, but over many bets and a long time, those differences mean the difference between profitability and loss.
How To Shop For The Best Moneyline Odds?
Shopping for the best moneyline odds is easy. All bettors have to do is find the highest odds on the line they want to bet on. This is a popular way to bet on baseball, so major sportsbook brands have competitive MLB moneylines. Here’s a sample from BetRivers and FanDuel:
|Philadelphia Phillies Moneyline Odds||-182||-190|
|Los Angeles Dodgers Moneyline Odds||+143||+150|
On this line, BetRivers has the best odds on the Phillies and FanDuel has the best odds on the Dodgers. This is a common pattern. Usually, one book will have better odds on one side and the other book will be competitive on the other side. That’s why it’s important to odds shop.
How To Find The Best Futures Odds At BetRivers
Major sportsbook brands offer competitive sportsbook odds. Part of the reason they do is because their theoretical holds aren’t too high. The theoretical hold is the amount of money that sportsbooks expect to make from a selection of odds. Books with lower theoretical holds have better odds overall. So, sportsbooks with similar theoretical holds will have similar odds as a group. Here’s an example from a selection of NFL futures:
|NFL Futures Theoretical Hold||20.22%||18.30%|
|Kansas City Chiefs Odds||+1,000||+900|
BetRivers has a higher theoretical hold than Caesars. But the difference is small enough that BetRivers can still have great odds like it does on the Chiefs. Odds differences can be large across sportsbook futures. So, bettors must get in the habit of odds shopping.
The BetRivers Michigan Sportsbook offers a large variety of sports for wagering, including all of the most popular sports in the United States are available. In addition to offering a variety of sports, there are also often several markets for each.
Some of the spots you can bet on include:
- Football – At BetRivers, you can wager on all your favorite NFL games, including the Detroit Lions. If you prefer to focus on the college level, you can also bet on the NCAA, including the Wolverines.
- Basketball – Users can also wager on basketball games through the NBA (including the Detroit Pistons) and the NCAAB. In addition to standard games played throughout the season, the championship game and other special events are also available for wagers.
- Hockey – Hockey is available on BetRivers and includes both games that take place in the United States and Russia in various leagues. All NHL games are available for betting, including the Detroit Red Wings.
- Baseball – In addition to offering wagering on MLB games (including the Detroit Tigers) in the US, BetRivers also provides other games in countries where baseball is popular. For example, both Taiwan and South Korea have leagues available.
- Soccer – Another sport well represented by BetRivers is soccer, with dozens of games from large numbers of different countries. Some of them include Costa Rica, Germany, Poland, and Vietnam.
- Tennis – Tennis is also open for betting on the website and app, including events like the Grand Slam, the Atlanta Series, and the UTR Pro Match Series. A variety of league games are also available.
These are some of the most popular sports on BetRivers, but far from the only options. Some of the other sports you can find with the sportsbook include cricket, darts, and golf. Users can also bet on auto racing matches, boxing events, table tennis, and more.
The BetRivers Sportsbook in Michigan offers a range of deposit methods that cover the preferences of most bettors. However, it does not offer PayPal or Skrill, two of the most popular banking options in the world in terms of online gambling. This is especially concerning when DraftKings, FanDuel, FOX Bet, and others.
Still, BetRivers offers a nice selection of banking choices.
The deposit-only options include:
- Pay with Cash using VanillaDirect Pay at participating retailers. Some examples are Dollar General, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS.
- Credit or debit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover.
Options available for withdrawal and deposit include:
- Cash at the casino cage, which would be Little Rivers Casino Resort in Manistee on the bank of Lake Michigan. That’s right, you can deposit and withdraw in cash at the BetRivers Online Sportsbook.
- BetRivers Play+ Card, which serves as a sort of e-wallet that’s separate from a banking institution.
- Online Banking (ACH), which just requires you to log in to your online banking account, such as Chase or Bank of America.
The ability to deposit with a credit card and withdraw directly to your bank account is all that most bettors need. Still, the lack of PayPal and Skrill earns BetRivers a point off.
Both the website and the app for BetRivers are beginner-friendly. The layout is straightforward and logical to use, while bets can easily be placed even if a user is new to sportsbooks. The simplicity of the site and app is appealing to sports fans just getting into betting on games.
The BetRivers online sportsbook app in Michigan offers a website as well as a pair of apps, one of which is for iOS devices and the other of which is for Android smartphones and tablets. There is a mobile website as well for those who do not have mobile devices that work with BetRivers apps.
However, the BetRivers app is notoriously unstable and quits out unexpectedly. Far more reliable options include the FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook, which are rated 4.7 and 4.8 out of 5.0 in the App Store, respectively.
The apps are user-friendly with a simplistic design and three sections. These sections include a sport and bets menu, markets and competitions available for a selected sport, and a news feed that shows winning bets in real-time. There is also the main menu where you can access promotions, the help center, and other information.
The BetRivers Casino app is also available in Michigan.
The BetRivers Michigan Sportsbook is on its way to becoming one of the most popular choices in the industry.
If you’re shopping around for the best bonuses to place bets with free money, it’s tough to do better than BetRivers. This is especially true when you consider that the $500 in bonus money only requires a 1x playthrough. You don’t need to bet it all at once either like a risk-free bet. You could bet as little as $1.00 or the whole thing and any amounts between.
The BetRivers Sportsbook has a massive number of bets within a nice selection of sports. It also has some of the best odds boosters in the industry, more than compensating for its lack of market depth. Unless you bet on the most obscure international sports, whatever you want to bet on is available at BetRivers.
Still, you can never have too many betting lines, and the lack of market depth compared to some of the other online sportsbooks in Michigan took some points away. The instability of the app is also concerning, as is the lack of PayPal as a banking method.
When all is said and done, BetRivers has its shortcomings, but it’s a top-tier option nonetheless.
Is BetRivers Michigan Sportsbook Legit?
Yes, the BetRivers Sportsbook App in Michigan is a legit place to wager on sports. This extends to the website as well as the iOS and Android apps. Here are some reasons why:
Regulated By The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB)
The MGCB regularly audits all online gambling sites offered to players in the state. No new game can be offered at a casino or sport offered at the sportsbook without their approval. Any illegal site is acting outside of MGCB oversight, which means Michigan bettors are not protected.
Highly Competitive Odds
When you compare legal Michigan sportsbooks to illegal sites, it’s not even a contest. The vig at the legal sites is far more reasonable, making BetRivers and any other site the better choice for aboveboard odds.
Extremely Accessible Customer Service
The BetRivers Michigan online sportsbook offers customer support via phone, chat, and email, and the chat support is 24-7. It doesn’t get more accessible than that.
The BetRivers Sportsbook details how and when they’ll use any data they collect from you. You can reach out to their online chat support or call them for more details about any areas you’re unsure about.
Unbeatable Bonus Stipulations
It’s incredibly frustrating when you opt into a bonus and find out that the rollover requirements are 10x or higher. At BetRivers, the bonus rollover is only 1x, which is the best it can be. You will not find better bonus terms and conditions, guaranteed.
Why Choose BetRivers Sportsbook In Michigan Over Your Local Bookie?
Aside from the potential legal ramifications and the potential to not receive your winnings, there are many good reasons to go with the BetRivers Sportsbook in Michigan instead of an underground bookie.
Some features that no bookie will have include:
- Credit card payments
- Odds boosters and other promotions
- Wagers for dozens of different sports
- Up-to-the-second live betting
Live events are also streamed right on the BetRivers website, which makes live betting even more exciting than average.
All you need to do to access live events is to go to the betting menu. It will have a schedule of all upcoming events listed so you can find the ones you want to participate in.
That’s a great feature that makes BetRivers an immersive, all-in-one sports betting experience that no bookie could compete with.
But back to the legal ramifications, you could face some serious criminal penalties for illegal betting. According to Michigan laws and sentencing guidelines, you could go to jail for up to a year and pay a fine as high as $1,000.
Why Can Bettors Trust Their Money With BetRivers Michigan Sportsbook?
BetRivers protects your personal information the moment you visit the site, including during registration, all identity verifications, and financial transactions. This extends to their app for both Android and iPhone. Just be sure to download the Android app directly from the BetRivers Michigan site. A third-party download is likely a phishing scam.
Your info and money are protected by SSL (secure socket layer) encryption, the industry standard for keeping online data safe and secure. It’s the same level of security utilized by the top retailers in the world, making transactions at BetRivers no more or less risky than Amazon, eBay, Etsy, or Walmart.
For more details, you can click the padlock icon to the left of the BetRivers URL in your web browser. Simply visit the site, select the padlock, select “certificate,” then click the arrow next to details. While the information is a bit technical, those familiar with SSL technology can easily verify that BetRivers uses the latest and greatest.
BetRivers Sportsbook Fact Table
|How old do you have to be to wager at BetRivers Sportsbook?||21 or over|
|What states is BetRivers Sportsbook legal in?||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV|
|Who is the retail partner of BetRivers in Michigan?||Little River Casino Resort|
BetRivers Sportsbook Michigan FAQ
Yes, the BetRivers Sportsbook app and site are live in Michigan in partnership with Little River Casino Resort. Michigan legalized retail and online sportsbooks in December 2019. Physical sportsbooks are also available inside several casinos across Michigan.
21. You need to be at least 21 years old to wager at BetRivers. You must also be physically located within state lines to make sports bets using BetRivers’ online sportsbooks. However, you do not need to be a Michigan resident, as age and location are the only requirements.
There are several options. Credit card is the most popular deposit option, but you can also use a debit card, BetRivers Play+ Card, PayPal, direct bank deposit, PayNearMe, or eCheck. You may also be able to deposit in cash at the casino cage at Little River Casino Resort.
Yes. Live in-play betting is a wagering option on BetRivers. Other betting options include spread, total, moneyline, and futures betting. You can also bet round-robin, teasers, pleasers, parlays, and more (depending on the specific sport and match).
There are dozens of sports available. BetRivers Sportsbook in Michigan offers all standard sports including basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and football. It also provides many other sports including auto racing, tennis, boxing, golf, darts, and cricket.
Yes. Registering for BetRivers Sportsbook should be available from any location in Michigan. Signing up for BetRivers can be done from any state, but gameplay and wagering are only available in states served by BetRivers.