BetRivers Sportsbook, also referred to as Rivers Sportsbook, is one of more than a dozen online sportsbooks that will likely be launching soon in Michigan. Currently, BetRivers is the leading sports betting platform of Rush Street Gaming, which is based in Illinois and operates and owns commercial casinos in several states.
BetRivers launched in 2019 about a year after the US Supreme Court lifted the federal ban on sports betting. It’s one of the newest sports betting platforms around. It gets its name from Rivers Casino in Pennsylvania, through which it first entered the market. BetRivers grew quickly and is now operating in several states.
When Will BetRivers Online Sportsbook Launch In Michigan?
There is no specific launch date laid out for BetRivers online sportsbook in Michigan. However, it’s believed that online sports betting throughout the state will be available at some point in early 2021. The potential for online sports wagering comes after Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed a bill legalizing sports betting and gambling online in December 2019.
Physical sports betting locations have already opened throughout the state, but regulations related to online betting are still being established.
See our comprehensive Guide To Online Sports Betting In Michigan.
Promo Code Details For BetRivers Online Sportsbook In Michigan
It’s unclear what promotions will be available for Michigan sports fans who choose to wager with BetRivers. However, we can look at the promotions available at other BetRivers locations to get an idea of what to expect.
In states like Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Indiana, BetRivers offers a free $250 deposit bonus for new users. Essentially, this means that when you make your first deposit into the sports betting app, it will be matched 100 percent up to $250. So, a user who deposited $250 would receive an extra $250 in credits on the app or website while someone who deposited $75 would get $75 in credits instead.
However, a deposit over $250 would still receive only the maximum $250 bonus. A deposit also has to be at least $25 to qualify for this promotion. This gives new users the chance to make larger wagers or bet on several extra games without depositing additional money.
To get an idea of how good this bonus is, you can consider that FanDuel offers a $500 risk-free bet to new users. On the other hand, FOX Bet offers bonuses that add up to $1,000 when you consider the deposit bonus and the risk-free bet the provider offers.
What Retail Casino Is BetRivers Sportsbooks Partnered With In Michigan?
Tribal property Litte River Casino Resort announced a partnership in June 2020, which will eventually bring the BetRivers sportsbook to Michigan. Rush Street Interactive, parent company to BetRivers, already operates a social casino in the state in partnership with Gun Lake Casino.
The current partnership provides the Gun Lake Casino4Fun site, which lets users play slots, table games, and live dealer games online. It also offers a sportsbook where free betting can be done. While Gun Lake Casino may be the partnership of choice for BetRivers, nothing is set in stone.
However, the BetRivers Sportsbook will offer real-money, legal online sports betting. When BetRivers Sportsbook launches, it will be competing with several other sportsbook providers.
Some of the other sportsbooks that have already found casino partners include PointBet, FOX Bet, William Hill, FanDuel, and BetMGM. There will likely be others such as DraftKings, Unibet, Caesars, and Bet365.
Where Else Does BetRivers Online Sportsbook Operate?
At the current time, BetRivers’ online sportsbook is available to residents of Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Indiana. The operator is also in the process of making its website and sports betting apps available for anyone who lives in Iowa.
- Colorado – BetRivers was one of the first four online sportsbooks to launch in Colorado, along with DraftKings, BetMGM, and FanDuel. It has done well considering it’s stacked against such big names for competition. Its new player bonuses, bet types, and large number of sports to wager on play a big part in its success.
- Indiana – In Indiana, there are a large number of online sportsbooks in operation, which means a lot of competition for BetRivers. However, BetRivers remains one of the most popular options in this state through its partnership with the French Lick Resort.
- Pennsylvania – As with Indiana and Colorado, BetRivers has made a considerable name for itself in Pennsylvania and is often cited as one of the best online sportsbooks available. Since other sportsbooks in the state include FanDuel, DraftKings, and FOX Bet, it goes to show that BetRivers is offering a high-quality service.
How To Sign Up At BetRivers Online Sportsbook
Signing up as a new user for BetRivers Sportsbook in Michigan is going to be a straightforward and simple process. Assuming the process will work the same in Michigan as others, the steps include the following:
- After visiting the BetRivers website or downloading the app, you will hit a button that says, “Join Now.” Create a username, enter your email, choose a password, and add an affiliate code if you have one.
- On the next page, you will enter your personal information. This includes your full name, address, date of birth, and gender. Once you enter the required details, you’ll be taken to a third page.
- The last step is to choose security questions and answers as well as entering your mobile phone number and the last four digits of your social security number. You’ll also need to agree to the terms of service to complete the process.
Once you’re done, you’ll be ready to start betting on sports games and matches. You’ll also be able to take advantage of promotions and make deposits to get started.
Significant Features Of BetRivers Online Sportsbook In Michigan
Several things make BetRivers a little different from other online sportsbooks coming to Michigan. For those of you who are considering them as a provider, knowing its top features may help you decide whether it’s the right option for your needs.
- Both the website and the app for BetRivers are beginner-friendly. The layout is straightforward and logical to use, while bets can easily be placed even if a user is new to sportsbooks. The simplicity of the site and app is appealing to sports fans just getting into betting on games.
- Live events are streamed right on the BetRivers website, which makes live betting even more exciting than average. All you need to do to access live events is to go to the betting menu. It will have a schedule of all upcoming events listed so you can find the ones you want to participate in.
- In addition to offering a bonus for joining, BetRivers Sportsbook also has regular bonuses for existing players. The website has an entire section related to promotions so users can see what offers are available at any time.
What Sports Can You Bet On At BetRivers Online Sportsbook?
BetRivers’ online sportsbook offers a large variety of sports for wagering. While some of the more obscure sports aren’t provided, all of the most popular sports in the United States are available. In addition to offering a variety of sports, there are also often several markets for each.
- Football – At BetRivers, you can wager on all your favorite NFL games, including the Detroit Lions. If you prefer to focus on the college level, you can also bet on NCAAF games, including the Wolverines.
- Basketball – Users can also wager on basketball games through the NBA (including the Detroit Pistons) and the NCAAB. In addition to standard games played throughout the season, the championship game and other special events are also available for wagers.
- Hockey – Hockey is available on BetRivers and includes both games that take place in the United States and Russia in various leagues. All NHL games are available for betting, including the Detroit Red Wings.
- Baseball – In addition to offering wagering on MLB games (including the Detroit Tigers) in the U.S., BetRivers also provides other games in countries where baseball is popular. For example, both Taiwan and South Korea have leagues available.
- Soccer – Another sport well represented by BetRivers is soccer, with dozens of games from large numbers of different countries. Some of them include Costa Rica, Germany, Poland, and Vietnam.
- Tennis – Tennis is also open for betting on the website and app, including events like the Grand Slam, the Atlanta Series, and the UTR Pro Match Series. A variety of league games are also available.
These are some of the most popular sports on BetRivers, but far from the only options. Some of the other sports you can find with the sportsbook include cricket, darts, and golf. Users can also bet on auto racing matches, boxing events, table tennis, and other sports.
Does BetRivers Online Sportsbook Offer A Mobile App?
Yes. BetRivers’ online sportsbook offers a website as well as a pair of apps, one of which is for iOS devices and the other of which is for Android smartphones and tablets. There is a mobile website as well for those who do not have mobile devices that work with BetRivers apps.
The apps are user friendly with a simplistic design and three sections. These sections include a sport and bets menu, markets and competitions available for a selected sport, and a newsfeed that shows winning bets in real-time. There is also a main menu where you can access promotions, the help center, and other information.
Sample Promotions At BetRivers Online Sportsbook In Michigan
Promotions are, of course, available for new users on BetRivers. However, the online sportsbook also offers promotions for existing players to encourage regular logins. These promos change regularly, but two of the current ones include:
- Smash the Pig! – This promotion lets you collect coins and smash piggy banks on the website or app for the chance to win bonus money.
- Daily $1,000 – This is a monthly promotion in which players who take part in certain games will get entries into a giveaway. Each day of the month, winners of the giveaway will receive $1,000.
BetRivers Online Sportsbook In Michigan FAQ
Is BetRivers Online Sportsbook legal in Michigan?
Yes. Michigan legalized retail and online sportsbooks in December 2019. At this time, physical sportsbooks are available at several casinos in the state. Rules and regulations are still being ironed out for mobile sports betting. However, the first apps and websites are expected to launch in early 2021. BetRivers will eventually be part of Michigan’s online sportsbook lineup, in partnership with Little River Casino Resort.
What age do you need to be to bet online at BetRivers sportsbook in Michigan?
At least 21-years-old. You must also be physically located within state lines to make sports bets using BetRivers’ online sportsbooks.
What options are there for making a deposit at BetRivers sportsbook?
There are several options. Credit card is the most popular option, but you can also use debit card, BetRivers Play+ Card, PayPal, direct bank deposit, or eCheck.
Is in-play betting available at BetRivers sportsbook?
Yes. Live in-play betting is a wagering option on BetRivers. Other betting options include spread, total, moneyline, and futures betting. You can also bet round-robin, teasers, parlays, and more (depending on the specific sport and match).
How many sports are available for wagering at BetRivers sportsbook?
There are dozens of sports available. BetRivers Sportsbook in Michigan offers all standard sports including basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and football. It also provides many other sports including auto racing, tennis, boxing, golf, darts, and cricket.
Can I sign up for BetRivers online sportsbook from anywhere in Michigan?
Yes. Registering for BetRivers Sportsbook should be available from any location in Michigan. Signing up for BetRivers can be done from any state, but gameplay and wagering is only available in states with legal online sports betting.