Michigan has a long history of offering casinos with quality table games. From Vegas-style luxury to properties inspired by the state’s natural beauty, locals and tourists alike can find as much variety in Michigan’s casinos as in the odds of their favorite table games.
The Great Lakes State provides gamblers with all manners of play, from slots and video poker to in-person poker, blackjack, roulette, craps, and more.
The Best Michigan Online Casinos For Table Games
In December 2019, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed into law the Lawful Internet Gaming Act, legalizing online gambling in the state. In December 2020, the Michigan Gaming Control Board approved 15 licenses for online casino gambling providers.
Here are three operators with strong online table game offerings:
Golden Nugget Michigan
Golden Nugget has a reputation for offering one of the largest variety of online slots and table games in the industry. It also offers a sportsbook alongside its casino app.
Visit: Golden Nugget Michigan to claim $10 with code SHARP + 100% deposit bonus up to $1,000
BetMGM Casino Michigan offers an exciting catalog of slots, live dealer rooms, and table games, as well as sign-up bonus offers, ongoing promotions, and their iRewards loyalty program.
Fittingly, BetMGM is the sports betting partner for the Detroit Lions, serving as the team’s official sportsbook.
Visit: BetMGM Michigan to claim $25 free + 100% deposit match up to $1,000 as a welcome bonus
BetRivers Casino Michigan offers a large selection of popular online slots and table games, as well as player promotions and various jackpot prizes. BetRivers also offers an online sportsbook in conjunction with their casino app.
Visit: BetRivers Michigan to claim 100% deposit bonus up to $250 with code SHARPCAS
Are Casino Table Games Legal In Michigan?
Yes. From its first lottery draw in 1972 to the opening of MGM Grand Detroit and MotorCity Casino Hotel in the late 1990s, Michigan has kept pace with all manner of legalized gambling. Table games are available at the three Detroit casinos as well as at most of the 23 tribal casinos in Michigan.
The Best Casinos For Table Games In Michigan
Michigan residents have several casinos to choose from when deciding where to find the best table games action. Here are five of the top destinations where bettors can stay and play.
Firekeepers Casino Hotel
Location: 11177 East Michigan Avenue / Battle Creek, MI 49014
Online Casino Partner: Firekeepers Online Casino via Scientific Games
Available Table Games: Baccarat, Blackjack, Crazy 4 Poker, Mississippi Stud, Roulette, Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em, Let It Ride, Three Card Poker
Since opening its casino doors in 2009, Firekeepers has consistently sought innovations to its property, adding a hotel and bingo room in 2012, and becoming the first tribal casino to open its own retail sportsbook in 2020.
A recent partnership with gaming technology giant Scientific Games means that Firekeepers will continue to evolve with time.
MotorCity Casino Hotel
Location: 2901 Grand River Avenue / Detroit, MI 48201
Online Casino Partner: FanDuel Casino
Available Table Games: Mini-Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Roulette, plus many more games and variants.
Opening in 1999, MotorCity Casino Hotel prides itself not only for its distinct contribution to the Detroit skyline, as well as best-in-class hotel, spa, dining, entertainment, and gaming accommodations.
It is also the city’s only locally owned and operated casino, devoting a significant portion of its resources to philanthropic initiatives in the Metro Detroit area.
Four Winds New Buffalo
Location: 11111 Wilson Road / New Buffalo, MI 49117
Online Casino Partner: Four Winds Online Casino via Kambi
Available Table Games: Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Roulette, plus dozens of other games and variants.
In 2007, the Four Winds New Buffalo became the first of three local casinos owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians. The property boasts a game floor filled with 48 popular table games and more than 2,600 slot machines, and its hotel’s 415 rooms and suites provide destination-worthy luxury to local players.
MGM Grand Detroit
Location: 1777 3rd Avenue / Detroit, MI 48266
Online Casino Partner: BetMGM Online Casino
Available Table Games: Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Roulette, plus many more games and variants.
MGM Grand Detroit was the first luxury casino resort to operate in a major city outside of Las Vegas. The Michigan giant has maintained that larger-than-life status ever since, offering 24/7 gaming, dining, shopping, and first-class nightlife and entertainment (its theater seats 1,200 people).
Gaming enthusiasts have several options in the 100,000 square-foot gaming space, which features nearly 150 table games, 3,500 slots and video machines, and an adjacent sportsbook.
Little River Casino Resort
Location: US 31 & M-22 / 2700 Orchard Highway / Manistee, MI 49600
Online Casino Partner: BetRivers Online Casino via Kambi
Available Table Games: Blackjack, Texas Hold ‘Em, Craps, Let It Ride, Roulette, 3 Card Poker, Mississippi Stud, Crazy 4 Poker
Since 1999, this Manistee mainstay has combined natural beauty with upscale accommodations. The 300-room lodge-style hotel features four restaurants, two swimming pools, and a live-entertainment theatre. Players can enjoy more than 1,400 slots and table games on its sizable gaming floor.
And thanks to a partnership between The Little River Band of Ottawa Indians and Rush Street Interactive, Little River offers online casino gaming and sports betting.
Michigan Casino Table Games
Table games are a staple of Michigan casinos, with several variations of poker, craps, blackjack, and more available to players. 2021 saw an online expansion of these highly popular in-person experiences, as well as virtual versions of traditional casino games and sports betting.
Here is an overview of five in-person table games that are available now.
The Game: Players bet chips based on their confidence in the five cards in their hand. The highest bidder wins unless another player offers to match the player’s bet. In that case, the remaining players show their cards, and the best hand wins. In 2021, online poker apps are also scheduled to launch in Michigan.
Variants: Texas Hold ‘Em, Three Card Poker, Let It Ride, Mississippi Stud, Caribbean Stud (many of these variants are also available as video poker machines at online casinos in Michigan)
The Game: As many as 8 players bet on the outcome of the roll of 2 dice.
Variants: Classic 3:2, Classic 6:5, High Roller, Single Deck, Progressive, 21+3, Multi-hand
|Dice Totals||Possible Combos||Total Combos||Odds||Odds %|
|2||1,1||1||35 to 1||2.78%|
|3||1,2 2,1||2||17 to 1||5.56%|
|4||1,3 3,1 2,2||3||11 to 1||8.83%|
|5||1,4 4,1 3,2 2,3||4||8 to 1||11.11%|
|6||1,5 5,1 4,2 2,4 3,3||5||31 to 5||13.89%|
|7||1,6 6,1 2,5 5,2 3,4 4,3||6||5 to 1||16.67%|
|8||2,6 6,2 3,5 5,3 4,4||5||31 to 5||13.89%|
|9||3,6 6,3 4,5 5,4||4||8 to 1||11.11%|
|10||4,6 6,4 5,5||3||11 to 1||8.83%|
|11||5,6 6,5||2||17 to 1||5.56%|
|12||6,6||1||35 to 1||2.78%|
The Game: In blackjack, the player tries to beat the dealer by getting a count as close to 21 as possible, without “busting” (going over 21).
Variants: Classic 3:2, Classic 6:5, High Roller, Single Deck, Progressive, 21+3, Multi-hand
Odds/Payback: Most blackjack tables offer a 3:2 payout on blackjack. Avoid tables that offer 6:5, as these are worse odds for the player.
The Game: Players place bets on where a ball will land on a spinning wheel–either in a single numbered slot; on various groupings of numbers; on the colors red or black; whether the number is odd or even; or if the numbers are low (1-18) or high (19-36).
Variants: American and European
|Winning Number (American)||Payout|
|Single Numbers||35 to 1|
|Two Numbers||17 to 1|
|0 & 00 Split||17 to 1|
|Three Numbers||11 to 1|
|Four Numbers||8 to 1|
|Five Numbers||6 to 1|
|Six Numbers||5 to 1|
|Sections||2 to 1|
|Columns||2 to 1|
|1 to 18||1 to 1
|19 to 36||1 to 1|
|Red or Black||1 to 1|
|Odd or Even||1 to 1
The Game: Players can bet either or both of two hands against the dealer’s hand. Popularized in France during the 19th Century, Baccarat is among the table games with the lowest house edge.
Variants: Mini-Baccarat, Midi-Baccarat, Dragon Bonus Baccarat, EZ Baccarat
Odds/Payback: Players have a 44.62% chance of winning, and a 45.85% chance of losing; the odds of a tie are 9.53%.
Live Dealer Games In Michigan
Live dealer games provide the thrill of in-person table games with the convenience of online play. As the name implies, a live dealer oversees a real game with traditional rules in an actual casino environment–but the players all participate virtually via live stream technology. And thanks to the lack of physical chips and cash, payouts happen faster and with more accuracy.
Players can place bets and interact with a community of virtual bettors statewide during live dealer games presented by DraftKings, BetMGM, FanDuel, and others.
Legal Online Table Games In Michigan FAQs
You can play a wide variety of table games in Michigan including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker, and more.
Players must be 21 or older to participate.
Though the minimum age for in-person gambling is 18 or 19 at some tribal casinos, Michigan online casinos only allow players ages 21 and up.
Yes, DraftKings offers one of the largest varieties of table games in Michigan.
Golden Nugget offers a suite of live dealer table games to players. They officially went live in Michigan in the summer of 2021.
Yes, online poker is legal in Michigan. Several options include BetMGM Poker and PokerStars. WSOP is likely to launch soon.
Yes. Michigan residents must pay state income tax on gambling winnings if those winnings are included in a player’s federal adjusted gross income.