Casino War is good for a few different reasons. But the number one reason is that it’s extremely easy to learn, likely the first card game most of us learned to play. Beyond the obvious, Casino War also offers fast-paced action, decent odds, and big win potential. Plus, it’s available at all the best online casinos in Michigan. Here are seven things to consider when wondering if Casino War is good:
1. Easy To Learn
Casino War is truly the simplest and easiest game at the casino. Cards are ranked in traditional order, meaning the Ace is the strongest and the 2 is the weakest. After the player places a bet, the dealer and player each get a card. Whichever card is stronger, wins. It’s that simple.
The payout for Casino War is 1 to 1. That means if you win, you double your wager. For example, if you bet $5 on Casino War and win, you’d receive an additional $5 for a payout of $10.
2. Fast-Paced Action
Casino War may be the most fast-paced table game at the casino. That applies to both in-person play at a brick-and-mortar casino as well as at an online casino. Players can easily play a hundred hands in an hour. Even if there’s a tie and the player “goes to war” with the dealer, that only takes another few seconds to play out.
3. Decent Odds
The Return to Player (RTP) percentage of Casino War is 97.83%, which means the average player keeps $97.83 of every $100 wagered. Those odds are better than most slots and roulette, but they’re not as good as blackjack (~99.5%) or baccarat (~99%).
Basically, players have a 47.83% chance of winning each round of Casino War. Those are decent odds. But for a game that mainly just pays out double or nothing, it could be better.
4. Solid Side Bet – 10:1 Bet On A Tie
Players have the option of placing a side bet on a tie that pays 10 to 1. This is in addition to the standard bet to play; you can’t just place a tie bet. However, the tie bet can be more than the standard bet. For example, you could place a $0.10 bet to play the game and a $100 side bet on the tie if you really wanted to.
Here’s what can happen if you place the tie side bet:
- Player’s card wins, so the tie bet is lost but the standard bet is won.
- Dealer’s card wins, so the standard bet and side bet are both lost.
- There’s a tie, so the side bet is won and players can follow the rules of “Going To War,” which is explained in the next section.
5. “Going To War” Isn’t That Great
What should be the most exciting part of the game is actually where the house edge comes into play. This isn’t the schoolyard version of war where you each deal five cards while reciting, “I. declare. war. on. YOU.” Instead, if you and the dealer tie, you can choose to surrender half your original bet or place an additional bet equal to your first bet and “go to war.” If you choose the latter, the dealer burns three cards total, then deals you and themselves another card each:
- If your card is better, your original bet is lost and you win double your additional bet.
- If the dealer’s card is better, you lose both the original bet and additional bet.
- If it’s a tie, you win 2 to 1 on your additional bet and get your original bet back.
Before going to war, the player can also place another tie side bet. That’s how you can get the biggest possible payout on this game (detailed a bit further down).
If Casino War followed the schoolyard version, the game would offer 50% odds, which would give it the best odds at the casino. But because the player can only receive half of their bet in the event of a tie or go to war to risk double the money, Casino War has a Return to Player of 97.83%.
6. Big Win Potential: Up To $40K On One Round
It’s possible to win a huge in Casino War. Here’s what needs to happen:
- Place the standard bet (1:1 odds) and side bet on a tie (10:1 odds)
- The player and dealer cards tie.
- The player chooses to go to war and places another side bet on a tie.
- The player and dealer cards tie again, paying out 2:1 on the additional bet and 10:1 on another tie.
At Golden Nugget Casino, the maximum payout is $40K with a maximum wager of $600, which equates to huge payout potential, especially compared to blackjack or baccarat. Those may have better odds, but their payouts don’t come close to that.
7. Available At The Best Online Casinos
Players can use online casino bonuses to play Casino War for free at some of the top sites. Here are the top 5 best online casinos to play Casino War:
Feel free to join one or all five of the best online casinos to play Casino War. There’s no limit to how many bonus codes you can claim.