Using Michigan Online Gambling Apps
The Michigan online gambling launch was Jan. 22, 2021, and almost all of the original operators made that launch date — perhaps most notably Golden Nugget and Caesars. Golden Nugget Online brought its unmatched experience and extensive games catalog from New Jersey, while Caesars Casino Online quickly introduced its robust and well-known casino-sportsbook platform.
Arriving with mobile app options was a huge benefit to Michigan online gambling, as the convenience of being able to play anywhere in the state without having to go to a retail casino or sportsbook—or even boot up a computer to access a desktop website—was previously nonexistent.
Best Online Gambling Sites in Michigan
Get right to the best online gambling sites in Michigan with these promo codes. All bonuses are tested and verified for June 2023.
The table above covers the top options that offer both online casino gaming and sports betting, all in one place. For players looking to dabble in both, these are great options, as they only require one login and often have the offerings combined into one app if you choose to play on a mobile device. Read below to get started on your MI online gambling journey.
MichiganSharp.com Is Officially Licensed By The Michigan Gaming Control Board To Promote Legal Online Gambling In Michigan
Michigan Gambling News
Ojibwa Casinos Promotions And Golden Nugget Michigan Promo CodesApril 13, 2023
Shamrocks, Pots Of Gold Could Equal St. Patrick’s Day Green At Michigan Online CasinosMarch 16, 2023
Michigan’s Glen Rice Leads List Of Top Scorers In A Single NCAA TournamentMarch 14, 2023
Michigan Casino Apps
Players can choose from 15 Michigan online casino apps, and all offer robust platforms with plenty of games to choose from. These options are some of the best in the US, and you can find them all via the link below:
Michigan Sportsbook Apps
Bettors have access to 15 licensed sports betting apps in the state of Michigan. All Michigan sportsbook apps offer large selections of betting options and great welcome bonuses for new signups:
Michigan Poker Apps
While there are fewer online poker apps in Michigan, the three that are available consist of the best poker apps in the country. Most recently, player pools have been combined with New Jersey at PokerStars, creating a great opportunity for poker enthusiasts:
MI Online Gambling Legislation Updates
So, how did we get here? The history of online gambling in Michigan is a long and winding road, much like other states. For those who are history buffs, we’ve broken it down for you below.
- July 1984: The first tribal-sanctioned casino in MI is launched by the Bay Mills Indian Band. Known as the Kings Club Casino, it becomes the first tribally owned casino in the country.
- Nov. 1996: Voters approve Proposal E, paving the way for the construction of three Detroit casinos.
- 1997: Not long after the passage of Proposal E, the Michigan Gaming Control & Revenue Act passes, legalizing the three Detroit casinos.
- Dec. 2018: Nearly twenty years after the opening of the Detroit casinos, a bill legalizing online gambling is passed by the Michigan legislature. This bill is vetoed by Rick Snyder, the then-governor of Michigan.
- Dec. 2019: One year later, the legislature once again passes bills legalizing Michigan online gambling, sports betting, online poker, and fantasy sports. This time, it’s officially signed into law. Subsequently, existing casinos are invited to apply for online licenses.
- 2020: The first retail sportsbooks begin to launch at existing casinos.
- Jan. 2021: After years of waiting, online gambling in Michigan officially launches. Many Michigan online casino apps and Michigan sports betting apps make the deadline and launch on Jan. 22, 2021.
- Jan. 2023: Online poker player pools between Michigan and New Jersey are combined at PokerStars, increasing liquidity and enhancing the Michigan online poker offering significantly.
Why Trust our Michigan Gambling Experts
Our team is compiled of experienced online gambling professionals who come from many different backgrounds within the online gambling world. We’ve brought the best knowledge along with the most stringent review process to MichiganSharp.com, and only feature the best online gambling sites in Michigan.
Every option listed here is fully licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board and goes through a detailed review process, including but not limited to:
- Licensing Verification: Before even considering a site, we verify that the site in question is fully licensed and regulated by the MGCB. This guarantees that all of the operators we discuss are safe, secure, and fair.
- Security and Data Protection: Next, we ensure that each offering lives up to strict security and data protection standards for both personal information and account information. This means that they utilize the same SSL encryption used for online banking.
- Strong Reputation: Beyond having the basics, we only recommend companies with a solid reputation. They are all safe and fair, but if overall sentiment puts them at the bottom of the list, they won’t make ours at all.
- Customer Support: Things happen, and we want to ensure that someone is there to help if they do. Our Michigan gambling experts ensure that each site has readily available customer support.
- Easy Withdrawals: Your money is your money, and our experts make sure that withdrawing it from the above-listed online casinos and online sportsbooks is as easy as possible.
This is just the beginning of what we look for, and why we consider ourselves to be some of the most trustworthy Michigan gambling experts around.
Michigan Online Gambling FAQ
Yes. Online casino, sportsbook, and poker is legal and regulated within the state of Michigan.
Jan. 22, 2021. This was the official launch of the Michigan online gambling market, and many operators launched on this same date.
All sports. If you’re gambling in Michigan, you have a wide selection of sports to bet on, from football and basketball to lacrosse, MMA, and more.
The Michigan Gaming Control Board. Also known as the MGCB, this government agency has full control over licensing and regulating all online casinos and sportsbooks within the state.
Yes. Online gambling apps are legal in the state of Michigan and fully regulated by the MGCB to ensure safe and fair play.
Yes. If you play on a legal, fully-licensed Michigan gambling site, you can rest assured that your money is safe and handled securely.
15. There are 15 online gambling licenses available in Michigan. As of Jan. 2023, 15 online sportsbooks are available and 14 online casinos are available. There is one online casino license that is available to be claimed.